Friday, March 6, 2009

A Day Off


Today Heath & I took a day to just be together. Hagin was in school, Mia went to Baba and Poppy's and Anita worked for me! The weatherman pitched in and gave us the warmest, sunniest day of 2009. We had a great time riding our motorcycle-driving to places I didn't even know existed. We ate some of the best burgers we have ever eaten, courtesy of Gary & Judi Leary's Christmas gift certificate. And we TALKED! No matter how close you are to someone-you can always get closer. I remember when we were dating, thinking are we ever going to run out of things to say to each other? Life has a way of turning coversations into plain boring words. "Honey where's the ketchup?" Today we took a step forward in our relationship and rediscovered those conversations hiding in our words. "I wonder who invented ketchup, anyway?"

No comments:

Post a Comment