Friday, March 6, 2009

Momma Bear


Hagin and Heath are in Michigan. They and a few families from church rode the train and are planning to see the airplane museum. Heath called me tonight and told me that Hagin was having a rough trip. He has just been sick but he desperately wanted go. So, I said yes. I forgot to pack swimming trunks-so no pool for Hagin at the hotel. And he is having personality conflicts with his room-mate (I'll leave it at that). Well, momma bear came out and I wanted to get in the car and drive the six hour trip to pick him up. But wait-he is 10 years old. I can't rescue him from every little conflict or every bad day. So this is what it is like to let go. It's not very much fun. In fact it's a little scary. All I can do is pray and believe that Hagin will find enough strength to smile past the disappointments and salvage what is left of the trip. I don't like this growing up thing very much:(

No comments:

Post a Comment